Acupressure mat is very easy to use!
Simply lie on the mat or press it onto the area of the body affected, including arms and legs. The beneficial healing and relaxing effects of the Acupressure mat will be felt from the very first use.
- Place the Acupressure mat on a bed or a soft surface. For stronger effect, place it at on a hard surface (floor, etc.)
- Put a cloth between yourself and the Acupressure mat if necessary. You can adjust the thickness of the cloth according to your own pain levels. When you get used to the feeling, you can start using the Acupressure mat without a protective layer on it. This will, however, lessen the effect of the treatment. Put a rolled up towel or a pillow underneath the Acupressure Mat to support your neck
- Distribute your weight evenly from lower back to shoulders - lie down slowly and carefully. If desired, support part of your weight on your hands and elbows temporarily. Relax and do not move around. Sit back up and lie down again, if you wish to alter your position
- Lie in a comfortable position, so that your skin rests in contact with the acupressure points
- Relax and breathe deeply. You may feel some temporary discomfort, which will decrease and eventually go away when endorphins and oxytocin are released. The feeling of discomfort will shift to a warm sensation with light pressure.